They say a picture is worth a thousand words and a video is worth 1.8 million words (source). There are many inspiring social media posts and blog posts that show the tiny home on wheels movement and we want to share that inspiration with as many people as we can. But we care very much about giving credit where credit is due.
The following policy highlights SoWickesited’s policy on using digital media/photos/videos for public display.
Displaying photos, video and other content depicting tiny homes on wheels on our website, on our social media channels and in other publications is a privilege for us, and we intend to respect and honor it. Therefore:
- We will not knowingly post anything that would be embarrassing, objectionable or hurtful to anyone in the photo, video, or other included content.
- We do not identify children or youth under the age of 13 by name in the content we post online or other use and we will gladly remove any content upon request. If you see a photo, video or other content that includes you or your child and would like it removed from the website, social media or other publications, please complete the Contact Us form.
We ask for your respect in return. Unless otherwise indicated, images, videos and ideas on this website, on our social media channels and on other SoWickesited channels are either our own copyrighted materials and ideas or they are shared with permission from the copyright owner(s). All intellectual property rights are reserved.
For that reason, we ask that if you are interested in distributing, sharing or linking any content from this website, SoWickesited social media channels or other SoWickesited channels that you follow these guidelines:
- If you share images, videos or content from this website on online platforms such as social media, please make sure the shared content’s URL leads to the original source website, whether it’s this SoWickesited website or a different one we linked to below the content. We want original copyright owners to receive the proper credit.
- If you wish to use (for some purpose other than sharing on social media) any images, videos or content from this website, SoWickesited social media channels or other SoWickesited publications that does not have a source link, please first contact us to ask for permission. If the content is our own original copyrighted content, we will more than likely be happy to share; but if it’s not our content, we can help you contact the copyright owner.
By posting your content on this website or granting us permission to share your content, you grant SoWickesited a license to use it. We don’t claim or imply any ownership to your content, but we have your permission to use it to help SoWickesited function and grow.
- In a blog post on this website
- In a guest blog post or article written by us but published on a different website
- As part of a promotional image for Pinterest or social media
- As a post on social media
- In an e-book or other digital product
- As an advertisement to generate more traffic to this website or to our social media channels
Reporting Unauthorized Content
SoWickesited has great respect for intellectual property rights, and is committed to following appropriate legal procedures to remove infringing content from our website or other online Services. If content that you own or have rights to has been posted to our Services without your permission and you want it removed, please follow the steps listed in our Terms and Conditions. If your content is alleged to infringe another person’s intellectual property, we will take appropriate action, such as disabling it if we receive proper notice or terminating your account if you are found to be a repeat infringer. We’ll notify you if any of that happens.
Last updated November 14, 2020.